Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A New Journey, A New Blog

Welcome!!

Today is all about new beginnings for me. Over the past few years I have put on a lot of weight and it's time for it to come off. There are a couple of reasons why this is so important to me right now. First, I want to look nice (for me and my husband). Second, I want to be healthy. Third and most important, my husband and I want to start a family.

Recently I have been playing around with eating a plant-based diet. I even managed to loose 20 pounds. But then I fell off the band wagon and gained it all back plus some. The thing that really kills me is how I was feeling compared to before and after. I felt really good not eating any animal products. I had lots of energy and my mind was very clear. When I eat meat and dairy I'm always tired, sluggish and I feel like I'm  walking around in a haze.

So here I am. Back on the band wagon. My goal with this new blog is to keep my focus and to share my journey. I hope to find like minded people to exchange tips, tricks and tasty recipes with!





The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

No comments:

Post a Comment