Thursday, May 31, 2012

First Steps

   " A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" - Lao-tzu



My goal within the next week or two is to get back to a completely plant-based diet. As of yesterday I have cut out all meat. This one was really easy because I don't eat much anyway. After going without it for 7 months, when I did give in and start eating meat again it just never tasted right. The flavors that I experience now are not the flavors in my memories. 

Getting the dairy out of my diet will be harder. Although I don't like the taste of cows milk, I don't mind it when it is in things. So I do have plenty in my pantry that lists milk as an ingredient. I will eat what I have but once that's gone there will be no more dairy for this girl. As long as I'm diligent with reading labels while shopping and not giving in to temptation when my husband brings things I shouldn't eat home, it should go smoothly.  

Breakfast- Meal replacement shake (has dairy in it)

Lunch- Leftovers from last night. Pasta with stir-fried peppers and onions.








Snack- Popcorn
















Dinner tonight will be pasta leftovers (again) with a garden salad. 




The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.
-Benjamin Mays

No comments:

Post a Comment