Sunday, June 3, 2012

Kale Chips

I don't know how long ago or where I first heard about Kale Chips. Today it seem like no matter where I turn someone is talking about them. So today I gave in and tried to make my first batch.  Notice I said triedMy first problem happened when I opened my crisper. I had first planned to make Kale Chips a few days ago so that is when I had purchased my Kale. When I pulled it out today the leaves had started to turn yellow. Sad :(   I shrugged and decided to proceed as planned. I had no problem washing and drying the leaves. Nor did I have a problem drizzling them with olive oil and sprinkling them with salt. I did however overcook them. I did not realize this right away.  At first taste they were pretty good but as I was eating thru them they were more and more brunt. To the point that they were leaving a very bitter taste in my mouth. I tried to remedy this by using some spray salad dressing on them but it did nothing to mask the flavor. Now they're just a soggy mess. ...Epic.....Fail.

I will be trying Kale Chips again. Hopefully I've learned something from this and I'll do better next time!









 "Success in life is a matter not so much of talent or opportunity as of concentration and perseverance."
-C. W. Wendte

No comments:

Post a Comment