Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Salad, Salsa, and Leftovers

While at the grocery store today, my husband and I came across some gorgeous tomatoes. My husband is a huge fan of homemade salsa and he asked if I was in the mood to make some. My husband doesn't ask me to make things for him often so I jumped at the chance to make something special for him. 

We loaded up with big beautiful tomatoes, fresh cilantro, garlic, onions, and chiles. At home, after all the groceries were put away, I got to work chopping. 2 hours later we had a huge batch of fresh salsa! We always make a ton because it never lasts long :)

I had planned to have a salad for dinner. I tore up some iceberg and romaine lettuce. I topped that with some of yesterday's leftover roasted veggies, half an avocado, and chopped raw almonds. On the side I had some chips and salsa and a small serving of  red beans and rice.

Tomatoes and Cilantro

Salsa ready to eat!







I had planned to have salad dressing on my salad but with the creaminess of the avocado I ended up not needing it. Definitely a filling dinner!  




 "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."
-Henry David Thoreau






   

No comments:

Post a Comment