Monday, June 4, 2012

Fun in The Kitchen

I really enjoy cooking and spending time in the kitchen. My love of the kitchen started at a really young age. Some of my fondest childhood memories are of me helping my mother prepare dinner or bake some delightful treats. I love kitchens so much they are usually my favorite room in any house. When house hunting that's the first room I want to see. 

Even with all this love I still have periods of time where I get lazy and rely too much on eating out or on packaged food. One of my goals is to reduce the frequency of my laziness.

Cooking today reminded me of how much fun I have when working with whole, fresh foods. I was smiling from ear to ear and I had to stop and think about why.   Spending the time chopping, stirring, cooking, adding, and tasting for every single step of the dish connects you to the food so much more than opening a box and adding water.

On today's menu was Red Beans and Rice, and Oven Roasted Veggies








"Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all."
-Harriet Van Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment