Thursday, June 7, 2012

Leftovers

When I cook I tend to make big batches of whatever it is I'm making. I think this stems from my childhood. Both my parents worked and a lot of the time I would make dinner to help out. It took me a long time to learn how to cook for just 1 or 2 as apposed to cooking for 5 especially when 2 of those 5 are teenage boys. I remember making double batches of cookies and half would be gone before I was finished baking. One time I made a cake and my younger brother asked if he and his friend  could have some before I frosted it. I had no problem with that because I too prefer my cake without frosting. When I went to frost it it was 90% gone. I laughed and baked another. I still smile remembering that :)

While I still haven't completely mastered cooking for just 2 our leftovers never go to waste. Having leftovers can be a huge time saver as well....Grab.Heat.Eat. Half the time the meal or dish is better the 2nd time. Especially with salsa!

One of my favorite things to do with leftovers is to make a "wrap". I say "wrap" because I always over fill mine and end up having to eat it with a fork.

Today's was a whole wheat tortilla, half an avocado, red beans and rice, roasted veggies, salsa, and lettuce.








"A loving heart is the truest wisdom."
-Charles Dickens

No comments:

Post a Comment