Friday, June 8, 2012

Exercise

Growing up I was active. I loved to swim, ice skate, run, ride bicycles and Rollerblade. I played softball and took dance classes. As an adult I have slowly stopped doing all those active things I once loved. I miss the days when I didn't feel trapped in my body, when I didn't feel broken.

Awhile ago I sprained my achilles tendon. It was getting better but I was too impatient and did too much too fast and re-injured it. It is improving again and I'm not going to make the same mistake again. For now I plan on just getting up and doing more around the house everyday. My husband loves this because the house is cleaner. (not that it was so bad before)


Soon I will add things that don't involve my ankle - crunches, light weight work for the arms- that sort of thing. Eventually I'll add walking and yoga back in. After that we'll see.


Right now I'm really depending on my plant-based diet to help me out with the weight loss. I'm starting to feel better already! Yesterday I was excited to find I had so much more energy. And the last 3 nights I've slept better. I can't wait for more results!!





"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude."
-Thomas Jefferson

   

No comments:

Post a Comment