Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Walk in the Park

The second phase of getting back to a healthy lifestyle started today. 

Now that I'm back to a plant-based diet it was time to add exercise back in. I started with just a short 30min walk, at the park near my home, with my dog Andy. I don't know how she did it but she knew I was taking her to the park before I even started to get ready. This didn't make James too happy since her crying and excitement woke him up. He ended up sleeping in the guest room so he could have some peace while I finished getting ready for the day.
  
Andy enjoying a run.
Even with the heat of the day it was nice to get out and enjoy the park. We almost had the entire park to ourselves. So, other than the few cars that drove by and the 2 people we walked passed it was a very peaceful, enjoyable walk.

After we returned home I spent some time doing some stretching exercises and Andy sprawled out on the cool tile floor under an air conditioning vent. 

Life is good! :)

















"I'm an introvert... I love being by myself, love being outdoors, love taking a long walk with my dogs and looking at the trees, flowers, the sky." - Audrey Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment