Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I'm Back!

I know it's been a long time since I've posted anything. I got busy working and food and my blog became less of a priority. I went back to my old habits out of convenience and as you can imagine the weight I had lost found me again.

Over a month ago I started to think about what was going on in my life and I decided to get back on track. Over the past month I've been getting back to eating a plant-based diet and I've even lost a couple of pounds!

This time around I've changed my focus. Before It was all about what the scale said, this time it's about how I feel. As I was making my transition this last month I knew the goal was to go completely plant-based but I let myself eat the things I was trying to get away from, all the while paying attention to how each of the foods made me feel. For example, I had been eating plant-based for about a week and my husband brings home a cheese pizza. It smelled wonderful so I added a piece to my plate, next to the salad I had prepared for myself. I started with the pizza eating slowly, after eating half of the slice I was not feeling well. I pushed it aside and ate my lovely salad instead. Since then cheese pizza has not appealed to me.

Tonight in honor of returning to the blogging world and my victory over cheese pizza I made homemade cheese-less pizza





and dairy, egg and fat-free brownies. (the recipe for these you can find at Holy Cow! )






I've missed sharing my love for good food so I'm glad to be back and as always....

Happy Eating!!!
 

"What's so fascinating and frustrating and great about life is that you're constantly starting over, all the time, and I love that." - Billy Crystal


No comments:

Post a Comment