Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pie For Dinner

Today started out much like yesterday. I thought I was doing a much better job at keeping Andy's excitement from waking James, but alas, when I returned home from our walk I found him asleep in the guest room again.

Even though our walk was 40 min. today, Andy wasn't ready to come home. She whimpered and let me know, for a good half hour after retuning home, that she thought we should still be outside walking. Maybe I should make her my personal trainer. :)

Last night, for dinner I tried another recipe from Holy Cow!. I had tried her brownies on Tuesday and they were exactly the indulgence I was looking for!  My husband loved them as well and was shocked to know that they were dairy, egg and oil free. 

With the success of the brownies, I couldn't wait to try the next dish I had picked out. Savory Sweet Potato Quiche. I did make a few tweaks to the recipe: I used my own recipe for crust, I used dried herbs instead of fresh, and while caramelizing the onions I just used oil (I find they are sweet enough without adding more sugar).





I could have caramelized the onions more but I was getting hungry and impatient. 

James and I both enjoyed the meal, it had a great smooth texture and the herbs and onions did a wonderful job at making the quiche savory. Today, for lunch, I even had a slice cold, without onions and it was heavenly! :)



“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” - Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment