Saturday, October 6, 2012

Zucchini Mushroom Sandwich

Today for lunch I was in the mood for a sandwich. I thought about it for awhile and came up with this zucchini mushroom sandwich.

First, using my mandolin, I sliced some zucchini into long strips. In a saute pan I cooked the slices for a few minutes on each side. While the zucchini was cooking I sliced some mushrooms and onion. After the zucchini was done I removed it from the pan and added the mushrooms and onions. I sauteed them until the onions were tender. Instead of cooking in oil for both the zucchini and the mushrooms and onions I used a small amount of vegetable broth.

Next, it was time to assemble the sandwich on two slices of fresh bakery bread. I started with a little Vegenaise (a vegan mayonnaise) on each slice and then added the zucchini, mushrooms and onions and topped that with clover sprouts and lettuce.  

Because the bread slices were much bigger than processed bread and the fact that I love to pile up the veggies on my sandwiches, I was only able to eat half of my sandwich (barely). My mind does keep wandering and thinking of the other half still in the fridge. If I manage to stay away until dinner I'll make a soup to go along with it. 

Happy Eating!!



"All our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment