Friday, August 17, 2012

Taco Salad

For the last week I have been craving taco salad. So I made one. 

I made a taco shell bowl by taking a corn tortilla brushing it with oil, stuffing it into a ramekin and baking it for about 8 min. It wasn't very tasty but it was cute!

The 'meat' was a taco seasoned brown rice and onions.

For the salad I used romaine and iceberg lettuce. Drizzled it with a homemade French Dressing added the 'meat' and topped it with diced onions, tomatoes, Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds and (not pictured) Tofutti Sour Supreme. James, of course, added real cheese and sour cream to his.

It was exactly what I was wanting. 

On the menu tonight enchilada casserole. (to use up the abundance of corn tortillas I have)


"Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant. There is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks." - Johann Gottfried Von Herder 

No comments:

Post a Comment