Friday, September 12, 2014

Vegan Mofo #10 Grilled Salad

                               Easy Dishes Made From Refrigerator and Pantry Staples. 



I have heard about grilled salad and I've seen it on other blogs and, while I've been intrigued by it, I've also been a bit skeptical. Could grilling it really make that much of a difference?

I finally decided to try it and see what it's like for myself.

I don't have an outdoor grill so I used my stove top cast iron grill.

 
 I cut a romaine heart in half and brushed each side with oil. I then grilled it for 2 min. on each side.

For the dressing I used the Caesar's salad dressing recipe from Vegannomicon.

I was completely blown away by this salad! It had me feeling like I was eating something way more decedent than a salad!
James really enjoyed it too. After we were done eating I asked him how he liked it and he said, while holding his belly, "It was too good. I ate it way too fast!" :)

Happy Eating!!


 “To remember a successful salad is generally to remember a successful dinner; at all events, the perfect dinner necessarily includes the perfect salad.” - George Ellwanger

2 comments: