Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Vegan MoFo #20 Stuffed Mushrooms

                              Easy Dishes Made From Refrigerator and Pantry Staples.

Today is the last day of Vegan MoFo. It went by so fast! I had a lot of fun! It was great getting back into the rhythm of blogging and it really helped me get back to focusing on my health. I'm looking forward to keeping it up!

For my last MoFo post I made stuffed mushrooms. Why? Because it just sounded good. :)

First I cleaned 1 package of mushrooms and pulled out their stems.
 
For the stuffing I chopped and minced some white onion, red bell pepper, celery, garlic cloves and the stems from the mushrooms. I added some season salt, black pepper, dried parsley and panko. To moisten the stuffing I added a little bit of apple cider vinegar and veggie broth.

I then stuffed the mushrooms and baked them at 350 for about 20 min. I had a lot of stuffing leftover so I stuffed 1 and a half red bell peppers with it. The peppers needed about 10 more min. in the oven.

I love mushrooms and stuffed mushrooms are one of my favorite ways to eat them. There is also a bonus for making them in my house - my husband doesn't like mushrooms - which means, I don't have to share. :) But don't worry I always make him something he does like. So it's a win win.

Happy Eating!!



   “The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the  beginning“. - Ivy Baker Priest
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment