Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Vegan MoFo Day 3 Black Bean and Corn Salsa






Today's dish is another quick throw together like yesterdays salad.

In the fridge I had 3/4 of a pint of cherry tomatoes that had to be used up soon. I decided to make a quick black bean and corn salsa.

Take 1 can of black beans and 1 can of corn rinse and drain. Throw them into a bowl. Dice tomatoes and add them to the bowl. I still had a couple of scallions left in the fridge so I diced them up along with a small onion and added the to the bowl as well. Next was a couple of garlic cloves (minced) and a handful of fresh cilantro (chopped).  For seasoning I added salt, pepper and some fresh lime juice.

This isn't very spicy so if you'd like some spice I would add a dash of cayenne pepper or dice up a jalapeno.   

To serve it I spooned it over cubed avocado.

 
Happy Eating!!


"An empty belly is the best cook." - Estonian Proverb

2 comments:

  1. ooh, that looks good! I"m planning to make something similar for my mofo post later today. I love the "empty belly" quote too. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete