Sunday, September 7, 2014

Vegan MoFo #6 Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower

                             Easy Dishes Made From Refrigerator and Pantry Staples.


This dish is so super simple. There is very little hands on time involved. One reason for that is I used the Cashew Spinach Pesto leftover from my tortilla pizzas. 

The most difficult part of the dish is roasting the cauliflower. <wink>
Cut one head of cauliflower into florets. Toss cauliflower florets with a little extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and dried basil. Throw them on a baking sheet and pop them in a 350 degree oven for 40 min.

While the cauliflower was in the oven I set a pot of water on to boil. When there was about 15 min. left on the oven timer I started my pasta, today I used spaghetti. Once the pasta was done I drained it and put it back in the pot. I then added the pesto to the pot with the spaghetti and on medium heat I cooked it till it was heated threw. Stirring it to completely coat the pasta. My leftover pesto was a little thick so I did add 2 TBSP of vegetable stock to it so it would coat the pasta nicely.

To serve place pesto pasta on plate and top with roasted cauliflower and enjoy!

Happy Eating!!

"The most simple things can bring the most happiness." - Izabella Scorupco   

No comments:

Post a Comment