Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Vegan MoFo Day 2 - Wild Rice and Spinach Salad





 

 Happy Vegan MoFo day 2! I'm having fun checking out what everybody is doing for Vegan MoFo. In a few days I will share some of my favorite posts from other blogs. It's amazing how creative people are! It's getting me excited to get in my own kitchen!

 Today's recipe uses the leftover wild rice I had from yesterdays soup. It's a very quick and easy Wild Rice and Spinach Salad. My favorite thing about this salad is the the sweet crunch the bell peppers give it.

Like most of my cooking there isn't really a recipe for it. I kinda just look in my fridge and throw things together.

For this salad I started with a generous helping of fresh spinach, tossed in my left over wild rice and then chopped up 1 red and 1 orange bell pepper and a few scallions I also had leftover from the soup. Next I took a can of corn and a can of white beans, rinsed and drained them, and threw them in with everything else.

For the dressing I made a simple vinegrette. Take the juice from 1 lemon add a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 1 garlic clove, salt, and pepper. Drizzle it over the salad and toss. Or if your lazy like me, I put the lid on the bowl and shake it :)
 
Happy Eating!


"Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat 2,000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg

4 comments: