Saturday, September 13, 2014

Vegan MoFo #11 Stuffed Eggplant

                              Easy Dishes Made From Refrigerator and Pantry Staples. 


For dinner last night I was having a hard time deciding what to make. Not feeling very motivated or creative I decided on my go-to dish for times like these. Roasted veggies served with either rice or pasta.

I opened the fridge to take out the veggies, so I could start chopping them, and there, sitting on the shelf were two beautiful eggplants that I had totally forgotten that I had purchased.

If this was a cartoon, the moment I saw the eggplants a light bulb would have appeared above my head.

It hit me that I could stuff the eggplants with the other veggies and it would be way more fun. 

So that's what I did!

I started by slicing the eggplants in half and cutting out the insides, being careful not to cut too deep. I then seasoned the eggplant halves with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.  In a pan, on the stove, I heated some oil and sauteed my veg; onion, garlic, zucchini, yellow summer squash, red and green bell pepper, and the eggplant that I had scooped out of each side. I cooked the vegetables until they were tender and seasoned them with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and turmeric. 

Once the vegetables were done, I filled each eggplant and sprinkled some panko crumbs on top. Then baked them in a 350 degree oven for 45 min.

I served it with some more grilled salad, because I'm totally obsessed with it now! :) 

Happy Eating!


"I doubt that the imagination can be suppressed. If you truly eradicated it in a child, he would grow up to be an eggplant." - Ursula K. LeGuin    

2 comments:

  1. Looks really delicious! I love eggplant & pretty much anything "stuffed" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm a sucker for things that are "stuffed" ;)

      Delete