Thursday, September 25, 2014

Vegan MoFo #17 Quick Salsa

                              Easy Dishes Made From Refrigerator and Pantry Staples.

A few days ago, when I was at the store, I bought tortilla chips but I forgot to get my husband his salsa.

The other night after dinner he was still in a munchy mood. I was in the kitchen cleaning up and he walked in and started pulling out cans from the pantry and dumping them in a bowl. 

"What are you doing?" I asked

"Making salsa." He replied

I watched as he continued, he grabbed the leftover red & orange bell peppers plus the onions that I had prepped for my vegan nachos  and then spices.

After he was done we both tried it and it was really tasty! I even think it would be good heated up as a chili. 

As he was dishing himself a bowl full, he turned to me and said "Hey! You could blog about this, this is vegan!" So here it is, my husbands Quick Salsa.

James' Quick Salsa

1 can diced tomatoes with chilies
1 can black beans
1 can cannellini beans
1 small can diced green chilies
a handful of diced onions
a handful of diced bell peppers 
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp garlic powder*
1 tsp onion powder*
1 Tbsp parsley*
1 tsp basil*
1/2 tsp salt*
1/2 tsp pepper*

*measurements are approximate

Dump everything into a bowl, stir and enjoy! :)  

print recipe 

Happy Eating!!


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating.' - John Walters

2 comments:

  1. mmm! i do something like this with corn added to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of adding corn. I'll have to let James know!

      Delete