Friday, September 26, 2014

Vegan MoFo #18 Mexican Street Corn

                             Easy Dishes Made From Refrigerator and Pantry Staples.

After looking in the fridge, to see what produce I had on hand to make dinner, I pulled out a head of cauliflower, romaine lettuce and corn on the cob.

It was easy to decide what to do with the lettuce.... grilled salad of course!

The cauliflower was simple as well, throw some BBQ sauce on it and roast it in the oven.

For the corn, I wanted to try something a little different. Usually I just boil it, slather on some Earth Balance add some salt and pepper and I'm good to go. Since my grill pan was already out for the salad I thought this was the perfect time to try Mexican Street Corn. I've been seeing it all over the place and it's about time I try it!

While the corn was on the grill, I mixed up some seasoned Vegenaise. In a bowl I mixed together about 1/2 a cup of Vegenaise with 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper and some salt and black pepper. Once the corn was done I smeared the seasoned Vegenaise on it, loaded my plate with BBQ cauliflower and salad and sat down for dinner. Just before eating the corn I squeezed a wedge of lime over it.

I didn't have high expectations for the corn. I don't know why, I just thought it wouldn't be something I would enjoy. I was completely wrong. I loved it! I especially loved the lime juice, It really brightens up the corn. 

Happy Eating!!



"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney  

No comments:

Post a Comment