Thursday, September 4, 2014

Vegan MoFo #4 Vegan Sushi

Welcome to Vegan MoFo day 4! When I fist signed up my goal was to just start posting again. But I've noticed a common thread my past 3 posts have had. They all have been easy dishes to use (or use up) things already in my fridge and pantry. So I'm making that my theme for this month - Easy Dishes Made From Refrigerator and Pantry Staples.  
 
My husband is a big fan of sushi, but we don't eat it very often. One package of nori lasts a long time, so we always seem to have some in the pantry. Rice, vinegar, bell peppers, carrots and sesame seeds are also staples in our house.

As for being simple, the first time I made sushi rolls it took me forever. But the more I've made them the easier it's gotten. There are some great videos on youtube if you'd like a visual on how to roll them.

For these rolls, I cooked the rice in a rice maker. While the rice was cooking I sliced up a green and a red bell pepper and a carrot. This gave me way more slices than I would need for the sushi rolls. The bell peppers will be used in another dish. The carrots I just munched on.

When the rice was done I tossed it with a little bit of vinegar then I got to rolln'. I made 2 rolls, one with the rice on the inside and one with rice on the outside with sesame seeds.
The sesame seed rolls were harder to cut so I left them bigger.

James was pleasantly surprised to come home for dinner and find these waiting for him. Now if we only could get the dog to do the dished we both would be happy :)
 
Happy Eating!


"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein   


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment