Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Vegan MoFo #12 White Sweet Potato Fries

                              Easy Dishes Made From Refrigerator and Pantry Staples.

The other day I was craving sweet potatoes and I had it in my head to make sweet potato fries.

While I was at the store, getting ready to pick out my sweet potatoes, I saw that the white sweet potatoes were on sale. So in my basket they went.

To make the sweet potato fries I peeled and sliced the sweet potatoes. Then I tossed them in some extra virgin olive oil and spread them out on a baking sheet. I cooked them for 20 min. in a 400 degree oven. Then I flipped them and baked them for another 10-20 min. Once they were out of the oven I sprinkle them with salt and dried parsley.

I was just pulling them out of the oven when my husband came home from work. He walked over to the stove and popped one in his mouth, before I could tell him what they were. His response was "Well, that was weird." He said that he could tell by looking at them that they weren't regular potatoes but he wasn't sure what they were. I told him and he said "Ok, that makes sense!" popping another one in his mouth.

Happy Eating!!



“There is no sight on earth more appealing than the sight of a woman making dinner for someone she loves.” - Thomas Wolfe

No comments:

Post a Comment