Saturday, September 6, 2014

Vegan MoFo #5 Tortilla Pizza

                           Easy Dishes Made From Refrigerator and Pantry Staples.


 A dish that is always easy to put together with things that I have on hand is a Tortilla Pizza.

For this one instead of a red sauce I used a cashew spinach pesto (recipe below). For toppings I used the leftover bell pepper slices from my vegan sushi, onions, garlic, and Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds.

I started by sauteing the onions, garlic and bell peppers in a little oil. Seasoning them with a little salt and pepper. While they are one the stove getting all tasty I make the pesto. Once that's done I take a whole grain tortilla and place it on a baking sheet, top it with the pesto, bell pepper and onion mixture and top it off with the Daiya. 
I used this flavor because it's what I had in the fridge.

Then you stick the pizza a 400 degree oven for about 15 min. Or until the tortilla is crispy and the Daiya is melted.







Cashew Spinach Pesto

3/4 raw cashews (soaked overnight)
1 cup spinach
2 cloves garlic
1/2 TBSP nutritional yeast
1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup vegetable broth
2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil

Put all ingredients in a food processor (I used a mini one) and blend until well combined. Adjust seasoning to taste.

Print Recipe 


Happy Eating!

  
"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating."- Luciano Pavarotti

6 comments:

  1. Your pizza looks so good! Thank you for sharing the cashew spinach pesto recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious. I'm yet to try Daiya cheese, it's only just become available in my city. I'm really excited to give it a go because people seem to love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really do enjoy Daiya. It's a treat I splurge once and a while :)

      Delete
  3. looks yummy - daiya is just starting to be available here and I really need to try it

    ReplyDelete